Adams Hendry successfully secured planning permission and listed building consent for the conversion and redevelopment of the historic mill complex at Laverstoke Mill in Hampshire on behalf of St James Group Ltd, part of the Berkeley Group.
Laverstoke Mill is a complex industrial site of about forty buildings dating from the mid 19th century to the late 20th century lying within the Laverstoke and Freefolk Conservation Area. The site was acquired by Henry Portal in 1718 and developed for the manufacture of banknote paper until the early 20th century. It includes three listed buildings and other buildings of historic merit. The site adjoins Laverstoke Park, which is listed as grade II on English Heritage’s Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Interest. The River Test SSSI also runs through the site.
The scheme involved the demolition of a number of buildings to allow the principal historic buildings to be revealed and their settings enhanced. A total of 20 new build dwellings were proposed to the east and west of the historic mill complex and 52 dwellings developed following the conversion of the existing mill buildings.
Our role included the preparation of the Environmental Statement and other documents required to support the applications for planning permission, conservation area consent and listed building consent.